Interfaith Leadership: CP
In a world of increasing religious diversity and conflict, this 18 credit interdisciplinary Interfaith Leadership Certificate (IFLC) is open to undergraduate students of all majors. It combines classroom-based learning and community-based internships. It has been designed to provide students with the vision, knowledge and skills needed to navigate a religiously diverse world while building capacity for mutually inspiring relationships with people of differing religious/non-religious worldviews. Having this certificate will add real value to any post-graduation employment or graduate-level education that you seek. Courses leading to the certificate can be completed face-to-face or entirely online.
- CP - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding (USU Eastern), Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cedar City, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Heber City, Ignacio, Junction, Kanab, Kaysville, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Orem, Panguitch, Park City, Price (USU Eastern), Randolph, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, St George, Tooele, Tremonton, Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover , Online
For online offering, please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state.
With a Certificate in Interfaith Leadership, you will be uniquely qualified to add-value to any corporate, governmental, or non-profit entities that offer products or services to religiously diverse consumers, students, clients, or patients. Combined with the requisite training for specific career paths, Interfaith Leadership certificate holders may find preferential hiring in any of the following career areas:
- Ministry (Parish and Community)
- Chaplaincy (Armed Services, Disaster Relief, Public Safety, Health Care)
- Education (K-12 and Higher Education)
- Clinical Social Work/Counseling/Psychological Services
- Community Service (international and domestic agencies)
- Health Care (hospitals, clinics, out-patient services)
- Human Resources and Public Relations Professionals
- Advertising and Sales
- News and Social Media outlets
- Manufacturing Sector
- Arts and Culture
This certificate is open to USU undergraduates in any major with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
Department:Sociology, Social Work and Anthropology Department
College:College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Office: MAIN 106
Phone: (435) 797-3883
Office: MAIN 245 E
Phone: (435) 797-4064